Monday, May 01, 2006

Brisk Novelties

No doubt inspired by/stolen from Ben's latest theme, here's a novel I once started without an idea in mind, as per, which only works providing I don't finish it.

Once, it has to be said, something was something. Otherwise, and in great detail – or lack thereof – things tend to drift and float without much thought or, indeed, anything at all. Globules of nothing pervade everything – it must be said. That, or this if you will, is much to the opinion of the thinker; and no one person can hold nature’s law in their jaws – however much they try. In other words, buckle up for another 200 pages of this rubbish.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was me... spooky

Anonymous said...

I feel like I've just entered into somebody's house through the window because his neighbour told me he wouldn't be home. Now I'm even leaving fingerprints. I loved that intro, therefore, I stole it.

Hugh said...

The door was unlocked, open and with a "Please come in" sign stapled to it, and behind it was a small ape who was, and indeed is, employed to shut and lock the door immediately after an unsuspecting member of the public stumbles in. Hasn't worked yet, of course, as people keep coming in through the window, and, after witnessing the horrendously overblown ambience of the place, leaving the same way. Nice work with the toothbrush, by the way. Haven't washed it since.

Hugh said...

Did I? Drat. Well, hopefully that was the time I learnt my lesson. Back behind the door then?