Saturday, May 06, 2006

In the Gravy

For those of you not firmly in the know, the bottom rung of this here (or that there, depending on what angle you're reading this on) ladder is currently occupied by Pinter. Why? Well, updates are, of course, infrequent, and the subject matter, rather than subscribing to the dry and withdrawn school, is wet and deposited. But the main reason is that Harry is the one who discovered the site in the first place, so it is in a position of discomfort that I put Pinter there at all. He has told me on numerous occasions to back off, so I feel I should satisfy him by at least ranking her on the ladder, but not so high as to suggest I have my tongue flapping in her breeze. By placing her on the bottom, I am only acknowledging her existence, and not investing any effort into ogling her person.

It is clear from her posts that Pinter is going through a rather tough trot at the moment, so Harry's pursuit of her favour must be undertaken in the gentlest of manners. In short, he must appear as though he has no romantic interest in her, which, at least in theory, should be the easy part. Where it lands in the rough is where mere friendship is supposed to blossom into full-bosomed love, not a certainty under any circumstances, and especially not here. The fact that Pinter resides in Wales and Harry in Melbourne should give him some comfort, as this will at least fill the 'Hi, I'm not interested in you' metre.

I'm sure we'll all have eyes lodged at his inn to see how this pans out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought she was a man.

Hugh said...

Behold the wonders of the internet.

Anonymous said...

She's on the bottom rung, I'm on the top. We're just too different.