Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Every Birth Has Its Day

Well here I am. It was a year ago today when I first dipped my face in the newsprint and stamped out a new waste. And judging by the facts, I fell approximately 126 editions short of a once a day average, clocking in at a measly 239 at the time of printing. That figure is, however, misleading, as its disappointing height on the numerical scale can mostly be attributed to a rather unfortunate slump which reared its tail here and there. And its impressiveness is significantly increased when you compare it with a contemporary of mine named Tom, who only managed 16 posts for the year, meaning I wrote 14.9375 times as much as he did. Yep, with good ol' Tom there was a 4% chance of him updating, whereas with me there was a comfortable 65% chance. And the less said about Anh Tu's 2%, the shorter.

Ben, however, has been overlooked, as I can't be bothered doing a tally o'er there, but I'm guessing it was a fairly healthy amount. To compensate, I'm giving him his own paragraph.

So what have I learned?

I'm nothing much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey I got past the public speaking thing ...YAY now i can be iggy pop.. I just ovecame it by shitting on my lecturer's face & screaming "SUNDAY MORNING-I'LL BE YOUR MIRROR & I DO BEILIEVE IF YOU DON"T LIKE THINGS YOU LEAVE....." I beilved it was good..........................

Anonymous said...

You forgot loveable me, although I guess mines not so much a "blog" as an excuse for swearing a lot.

Hugh said...

Well, I seem to get vilified every time I mention your name. And besides, I only mentioned two and a half, so I wasn't doing a comprehensive overview.

Hugh said...

Mr. B(ee) being already taken, I must call you Mr. H too. So Mr. H, I will say that content-wise (and for mentioning Exile) you deserve the top plum. I'm currently wrestling with the idea of putting you back on top. Should I do it, making the concession for your lack of access or leave it with Mr. B... Drat. Mr. H. Drat. OK, Harry?