Sunday, May 29, 2005

The Lemon Tree and All

Yes, luckily that brief chapter has been brought to a close – arguably. But anyway, here I am. It all started, so to speak, with someone, whose identity is unknown to me, and his mouse. Their glorious union, mixed haphazardly with too much spare time, gave rise to a discovery, expected or not, of this quick-loading page we have all come to know (too well). Surprise or joyful relief passed across his – a generalisation of gender, I know – glowing face, as a thought, an idea, popped into his skull. Us dominoes didn't see it coming and we fell about one after another until we all had caught the bug and sought revenge. The great thing about this was that the victims of our revenge were innocents – at least as far as we knew. And on it went.

Soon our attacks grew even more devious until finally I hit upon the idea of counter-fitting that horny holiday-maker and springing his mildly more innocent chatters. Haste clouded foresight. Hindsight saw it coming and attempted to rectify past wrongs – unsuccessfully, of course. And the one who missed the whole boat returned and saw the damage. Anger swelled and revenge was executed – at the right target.

Ho Hum indeed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I'm not worthy of a link even.
Jee my blog must really suck.
I must say I am brief, if that's a redeaming feature. (not in the sack haw haw). I deserve all I get.

Hugh said...

I forgot you even had a blog. I'll add a link now.

Hugh said...

Yes, but considering we're the crowd, that's not much of an achievement. I was holding our on all this blog nonsense for as long as I could – and here we are.

Hugh said...

But of course. Apologies for the typo.

Ben said...

You did come out with a lot of them in these days. It's weird seeing you get words wrong and myself consistently punctuating correctly in these old things.

Hugh said...

Weird because it hasn't much changed?