Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Ballad of John and Frodo

Apparently The Beatles, at the height of their powers, were planning to make a film version of The Lord Of The Rings (I think it was John's idea). In the film John was to play Golum, Paul was to play Frodo, Ringo was going to be Sam and George was going to be Ghandelf. Unfortunately those staunch bastards at the Tolkein estate refused to hand over the rights, and as a result we are denied of what may have been, nay, what would have been, the greatest film of all time. Yes, sadly we have to endure those tedious and dull Peter Jackson 'epics' instead. Ah well, life goes on.

7 comments:

Hugh said...

But that would have been the best bit!

Hugh said...

Are you trying to induce me to correct my Tolkein spelling mistakes? The more likely song that Frodo would sing to Sam would be "I Wanna Hold You're Hand" and it would be the audience singing "Help!".

Hugh said...

I'll blame it on the Beatles. You see the full title is "I Want To Hold Your Are Hand", and it's a Ringo-esque expression in the same vein as "Hard Day's Night". Or so I've invented.

Hugh said...

Bugger. While trying to cover up my grammatical error, I made another one. It should be "I Want To Hold You Are Hand".

Hugh said...

It sounds more like a line from I Am The Walrus in my opinion.

Hugh said...

No, that's the actual title in all cases.

Hugh said...

Ah, debating. What rubbish that was.