Saturday, June 11, 2005

Sandwichs à la viande Pour Le Thé

As an experiment, I dropped a visit to Dictionary.com and made my way to the translation service. I set it to "English To French" and pasted in the following text from my blog:

"Eating a grisly, over-done steak wrapped in toasted pseudo-healthy commercial grained bread garnished with those most prolific of condiments: mustard (in this case German) and tomato sauce, I watched a half-naked Raquel Welch clad in glittering rags and sporting a dated frizzled hair cut perform a near-catchy tune with wild erotic high kicks on The Muppet Show."

I then copied the French translation into the translator and translated it back into English. And I must say, it's better then the original.

"Eating of an appalling and exaggerated beefsteak wrapped out of roasted pseudo-healthy commercial bread granulous furnished with those most prolific with the condiments: mustard (in this German case) and the tomato sauce, I observed a half-naked Welsh plate of Raquel the rags of flutter and by fôlatrant a grésillée cut gone back to hair to carry out an air close relation-involving with wild erotic high eruptions on the exposure of Muppet."

I really enjoyed my Welsh plate of Raquel. I have no idea what " fôlatrant a grésillée" is supposed to mean, though.

Suffice to say I wouldn't rely on them to do any multi-word translations.

No comments: