Saturday, June 11, 2005

My Love She's Bold as Buttons

A someone in a top-hat – I'll assume it's a man – is walking down that street dressed smartly in what looks like a nice clean white shirt and rich black pants. He's holding a suitcase or something, I can't quite make it out. Now he's stopped outside a café. He's looking in the window at something. Now he's going in. He's in. I can't see him anymore. There is a small cat outside near a bin. It's fairly sunny. Now he's out of the store holding a cup or something. Yes, it's a cup; he's drinking out of it. He's still walking down the busy street. He just disappeared behind a building. I may have lost him. No, wait, there he is – I think. He's got the same clothes. I'll just assume it's him. If not, it's a big coincidence that after he disappeared behind a building, another man dressed in the same clothes, holding the same objects comes out the other side of the building. Whoops, I've lost him again. I should have been watching.

I guess now I should talk about the man himself. I really don't know much about him, so I'll have to invent some stuff. Um... All right, well I'll say he owns a chain of antique stores across the city, and right now he's on his way to an antique convention to buy some things. He's depressed because his wife's just passed away from Polio – wait, they got rid of that, didn't they? Um, make it Pneumonia. Anyway, he feels he needs to keep buying antiques to get his mind off things. Wait, is that him? Yes, I think so. Now he's in a park by the river. He's still got a cup and a suitcase. Now he's talking to a woman and getting into a row boat. They're kissing. That kind of contradicts what I said before – though it's not necessarily his wife. They're too far out to see now. Hey, I could have also said: "they're too far out to sea now" and it wouldn't have made much difference.

All right, scrap what I said before about him. Let's say he's a disillusioned employee of a business firm and he's just quit his job to spend more time with his wife. He hasn't told her yet, though, so he's taking her on a romantic trip on the river to break the news. He's got it all figured it out. If they spend money wisely and invest in the right places, they may be able to retire. But he's not sure how his wife will like it. Hang on, I think I see them again. They're coming around from the other side. Wait, no, that's not them. Never mind. Actually, let's say he's taking his wife out to a special place on the river where a vortex tunnel thing swirls on a little island at twilight. An outdoor, tent-less circus is around there too, and so is a strange band comprised of people wearing green, pink, blue and red uniforms. He wants to lead his wife into the vortex so they can live together in some sort of nowhere.

There they are. I guess they didn't go into the vortex after all. And they're still kissing. Even as they're climbing out of the boat, they're kissing. But they've stopped now and they're walking towards a boathouse/café type thing. They go up the stairs and onto the top level. Now they're searching for a table. Still searching. They find one near the end and sit down. Now a waiter comes along and takes their order. I didn't hear what it was, just in case you were wondering. The waiter goes away and they start talking. I can't hear that, either. But they certainly look like they they're enjoying themselves. Still talking. Now he picks up his suitcase and opens it on the table. He takes out a photo or a painting and shows it to her. She looks very happy and she hugs and kisses him. He then puts the painting/photo back into the suitcase and puts the suitcase back underneath the table. They keep talking. Now the waiter is there with their order and he puts it on the table. They thank the waiter and start eating.

Now they're back by the river. I skipped the bit where they paid for the meal and left the café. They're getting back into the boat and they're kissing again. Still kissing. Now they're rowing off down the river – again. Perhaps this time he'll take her to the vortex thing on that island with the circus and the band. It is actually twilight now, so it'd make sense. Well, that's all I wanted to say. Goodbye. Sorry again for this being sort of like that book and a little too uninteresting. Bye.

No comments: