Thursday, June 30, 2005

Harry's Take on the War O'er There

"I's not to keen on it, see. All dem people holed up in the desert. All dem people in trunches. All dem peoples in hide clothes in the jungles. Why ain't they all just get along? Sometimes things just get me down, ya know? Sometimes I just feel like packing a bag of me stuff and hitting the ol' highway. Taking a stoom train and setting on hay for a while. To clear my head, ya know? Not think about all dem things. All dem bad things. Like how theys cooked dem jubes in a big oven in whirl wall two. It gets you down. Like hows they invited Poland. Like hows they burd Dresmond down and hirry shower and maggot car key and Earl harbour. And all dem things that happened before, ya know? It gets you in a really mean mood."

From Harry's press conference after the release of his new book "The Amazing Mr. Brimage" in response to the question: "What's your book about?".

No comments: