Saturday, June 18, 2005

Hugh's Out of Home Adventures

"I have come to the conclusion," said he, "that you need to cultivate more outside experiences; leave the house once in while. As a direct result, you shall become a better person – like me, perhaps."
I nodded dumbly.
"How can you possibly know anything when you're holed up like this?" he continued.
"Mmm," I admitted.
"Well, I've got things to do. Bye."
He picked himself carefully from the chair and bade farewell.

So off I went on my journey to self-improvement. By train, I found myself at the station we had discussed and decided upon. I was uncharacteristically late by about three minutes, but was happy to discover I wasn't the only one. No one was there as yet. I spent my time observing:

A sub-womanly dumpling nestled into a corner; Groups of black-lipped, black-dyed, black-clothed; Groups of giggles, groups of peers; A woman, who seemed more attractive then she really was, dressed in shades of brown from thirty years ago; Police with tempting holsters; No one I knew.

After the half hour was hit, I was among the remainders. No longer was it a place to meet. I left. The train which would serve me best was scheduled to arrive in half an hour, so I decided to continue my waiting until then. And I did, making my entire patience reach an hour in length.

I wish I could get out more often.

No comments: