Sunday, August 21, 2005

I Thwart the Robotically Imminent

I've been overrun, the Parisian's been overrun, but Ben, being Ben (and, by rights, Yodo), is still holding them off gallantly with his marble-substitute trophy and his girly wits. A harrowing wind collapses me and I feel like a meek slice of butter and grease — and then you realise that you have wasted your opportunity to say anything — and I, me, him (to you), wonder about things and other things.

And now we've been viciously ex-patted from our homes and are both forced to seek refuge at Ben's hill, where we help out as best we can by making dinner and doing housework while our saviour fends off our foes (and his). Mother Stephan, meanwhile, looming like a God over the hillside, gazes down upon us — me in particular: his runaway son — and tempts fate and the mechanical onslaught with a dangling line of vulnerability.

Cries of cartoon creatures and dieting success stories rise from the unoiled cogs like kettle-drum-o-parking-lots and are picked up by the clever ears of our three overexposed but underdeveloped protagonists (me included), who were hitherto busying themselves with needlework; now, after I realise I just spent two and a half grand on that joke, we make a stand outside our adopted home (in the two's case) and almost succeed in failing.

While all this rubbishy stuff is steadily going on, The Tu, locked up in an unnamed state, bemoans the state of his previous full-colour starring-role rendering, and heaves a sigh into his belly as he makes his way here. Wondering where my long hair went, and where is the me he used to know, he diverts himself innocently and taps metal keys in the dark. When at last the lights return, he discovers that the inked paper result reveals undesirable dark shades in personkind, which he previously thought nonexistent, having been raised on a diet of life-affirmation.

The dreadful chunder still remains in the form of a deeply unsettling and awful smelling stain across the face, which obscures all but the letters S, T, O and X. And it was his favourite T-shaped shirt.

In a small bedroom sits Harry. His eyes are fixed with intense concentration upon his human-sized canine, who in turn has her eyes fixed upon an enticing little bin hiding in the shadows and expelling a delightful odour.

Mr. Bee breathes easy by a safe man with head in hands.

And the three have finished their (our) stand, and now they (we) stood and watched our wrinkles become more and more prominent. It was fun to say the least, but I, being the race I am, prefer to say the most: it was an enlightening, bold, brash, humbling, beautiful and long experience.

And now we chew through the heavenly stairs and gates and clouds and angels until we may stumble upon our better halves and produce better thirds or quarters — if our seeds haven't dried up, that is; and if they really are the sunshines of our lust; and if Ben really hasn't paired-off with the bloodsucking machine of yesterday.

8 comments:

MrT said...

Now that I have read this post with giggly delight (not just because I have one of the front roles, that is just one of the reasons) - despite I kept being interrupted by incoming mail alerting me of your commenting on my last post in the meantime , wait, I have to breath before I can go on with this sentence - I would cry a hearty "LOL" if I did not simply loath this i-idiom tailored for and by pointless chats addicted subcultured wankers.

In one word, or two:
Bravo, monsieur.

MrT said...

Oh, I'll change that last part to:

In one word, or three,
This might well be a haiku:
Bravo, cher monsieur.

See, I'm subblogging.

MrT said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MrT said...

Ohoh, did you now about this

MrT said...

Somehow, you are right... My comments would turn terribly dull, and... Wait, whu do you say that? Are you one of them?

Hugh said...

I agree! I too hate "LOL" with passionate intensity. And yes, I did fail to mention Tom. Oh well, serves him right for never updating and having the fewest genuine posts. Aside from that letter verification thing, won't removing the anonymous option solve the problem? Because then they'll have to actually write a name or be logged on.

Tom said...

Since when have i been updating with "fake posts" anyway?

Or have i created a "fake post" robot who randomly goes around posting on my site (and for a small fee others).

And does neglecting me really teach me a lesson? Hmmm? maybe a little more appreciation or acknowledgment at the least might get me here more!!! ever think about that hugh ay ay AY?

Only MrT really cares, and i though you where my friends. LOL there thats just for you Hugh,
I hope you quietly reflect on these words.

Hugh said...

That, poor Tom, was in reference to the "Hugh is great" post I did way back, and had nothing to do with robots and their ilk. Anyway, the irony here is that the only time you've ever come to my site is when you've actually updated, so most of the stuff I've said along the line become semi-redundant.

And more acknowledgment wouldn't (at least before your recent updates) make any difference on your presence here, seeing as you've hitherto been absent from the (apologies for using this word) blogaspere regardless of the opinions regarding your person.

Then again, you have only posted here [i]after[/i] I promoted you, so there may be some truth in that.