Wednesday, July 27, 2005

My Friend Doodle Wonders if Anybody's Listening

"I have come to the conclusion," said Doodle, "that you need to acquire more outside experiences; leave the house once in while. As a direct result, you shall become a better person – like me, perhaps."
I nodded dumbly.
"How can you possibly know anything when you're holed up like this?" he continued.
"Mmm," I admitted.
"Well, I've got things to do. Bye."
He picked himself carefully from the chair and bade farewell.

So off I went on my journey to self-improvement. By bus, I found myself at the station we had discussed and decided upon. I was uncharacteristically late by about 1 minute, but was happy to discover I wasn't the only one. No one was there as yet. I spent my time observing:

A sub-womanly dumpling nestled into a corner; Groups of black-lipped, black-dyed, black-clothed; Groups of giggles, groups of peers; A woman, who seemed more attractive then she really was, dressed in shades of brown from thirty years ago; Police with tempting holsters; No one I knew.

After the hour was hit, I was among the left-overs. No longer was it a place to meet. I left. The bus which would serve me best was scheduled to arrive in half an hour, so I decided to continue my waiting until then. And I did, making my entire patience reach an hour in length.

I wish I could get inspiration more often.

3 comments:

Hugh said...

Well, then somebody is listening. And Ye Gad! Thanks for spotting that error.

Hugh said...

Can you show off your one physical talent as well?

Hugh said...

It's probably best this way.