Monday, March 13, 2006

Things in Chairs

To keep my crust crisp, I had to move in with Ben and firmly abuse his hospitality.
"K'Edward wasn't the man to mess with," he said after I spilt my guts on his rug.
"I know, but I'm glad I don't work for that bastard no more," I retorted in a firm, masculine tone.
"Double negative," scolded Ben as he lit his pipe for kindling.

[The conclusion and beginning to this piece, which ranked among the very worst things I have written, have both been deleted. The beginning concerned the King and myself and was highly uninspired, while the conclusion revolved around Ben and I sandwiching a prostitute. That latter was the most notable offender, being both unfunny and off-putting. I hope Ben appreciates this censorship.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

even hugh succombs to the the bad writing bug!

Hugh said...

I thought I was the bad writing bug.

Hugh said...

Keeping things up was an unfortunate element in that deleted epilogue. Anyway, there was another overly descriptive piece detailing our sexual habits, but it got too big for a mere blog post, so I saved it on my computer and it awaists completion, which it will never get.