Monday, November 14, 2005

Mostly Archetypal

One, a remarkably tolerant and beautiful maiden, the other, a stunted fiend with busy fingers. Not to mention smarts, wit, grace, vibrancy, tenderness, and vanity, stubbornness, pessimism and ineptitude, respectively.
"You're my favourite thing," said the latter one morning, "and we're out of milk."
"Thank you, and no," replied the former.

Which brings me to my point: there has been a fair amount of change since 1502. There were no computers in 1502, yet here I am in 2005 using one. It's funny how the world works.

"Let's never leave this couch," said the latter on another morning.
The former smiled wistfully and went to work.
A few hours later, the latter left the couch and went to the bathroom to experiment.

Or to put it bluntly: I'm verging on a sneeze.

"I could can your behind and charge a lot for it."
"Don't be cheeky."

Oh and I'll make it.

1 comment:

Hugh said...

I resisted the urge to try and articulate my laughter, so I'll just say thanks instead.

"He had so much potential. If only he was coherent."