Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Kinda Stinks

"I like it, man. There's no expectation and the only place to go is up."
"But aren't you ashamed?"
"Not at all. I think it's bloody cool being the underdog. And the girls down here have a rough charm that's simply lacking from those plastic cut-outs above. I can just shove my cock at them and they don't get offended."
"How lovely."
"You bet. Honestly I much prefer these humble living conditions to the others on offer. There's something so hollow and meaningless about the glossy and pampered lifestyle of the well-off."
But I could see in his face that he wasn't telling the truth. He smiled an empty smile and swug the rest of his stale whiskey.

The next time I saw him was the one after the last. He was eating a shoelace on a fishing line.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Now, admit it Hugh, that story was really about you wasn't it!!!

Hugh said...

Well it was in first person. But yes, I agree: this post stinks.