Friday, September 09, 2005

Happiness for Those Who Avoid

Here comes some more minor meaninglessness bashed out without forethought in the haste of being prolific and reliable, and extended beyond reasonable doubt in hard to chew portions of overblown patches. Adjectives are the bulk of the flesh in these cases, and in this one, while the remaining quarters focus their energies on whiches and whos and ands in an attempt to float the bloat, which was sunk the moment it left port, and which has the same seaworthiness as a concrete slab.

Perhaps with the promise that I will/won't do some extra-long ones in future do I escape. Perhaps.

3 comments:

MrT said...

Your next post if you will:

Theme: Creative draught

250 words (more or less 25)

forbidden words (derivatives included): creation, draught, inspiration, muse, dry.

Must use word: bladder.

Hugh said...

I love the irony of writing about lack of inspiration on the advice of someone else. But I may as well comply. For the record, I have a lot of ideas on the back-burner that I feel I won't be able to do justice to and/or am too lazy to try. It all comes down to the awfulness of having to write when you least feel like it. I know I shouldn't write at these times , but I refuse to sink to the point of no regular update. Hurrah!

MrT said...

"I have a lot of ideas on the back-burner that I feel I won't be able to do justice to and/or am too lazy to try." Tell me about it, I have a full cupboard of these in the sitting room of my brain.