Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Depth of My Hole

So it's dress-ups and speeches. That's what I call fun. Especially on such a day as this, with such a sun as this glomping down on such a sight as this.
"Perhaps it'll remind you there's a life to be had here," said he.
"No, not here. There's a life to be had over there. I'll have that one instead," I responded.
"You're gonna have to burst out of your bubble one of these days. Why not tomorrow?" he continued.
"I'd rather stay in my bubble. Maybe I'll even invite someone in."
A snicker.

And there I sat, broken eyes fixed to the wall.
"I'll show them," I said to my arm.
It responded in precisely the way I instructed it to respond. But it still hurt.

"What can I say about them that hasn't already been said? Exactly. Thank you and enjoy the rest of the night."
A ruffle of applause and one polite laugh responded.

"But don't you see? I was there."
"Really? OK."

There are more important fings in life. Like, for instance, unmolested coffee beans. And stealing someone's looks.

No comments: