Friday, June 29, 2007

Sexless (H. Brimage Notwithstanding)

All right, first Harry says, "Hey, chaps, what time we seeing this movie? My credit's running out soon," and we're like, "I think it's around 6.30, though there is a 5.45 session, so I guess it depends on which session would be most convenient," and then he goes, "Maybe the 5.45, as I need to get back by 11," but we're like "No, we think the 6.30's better", so he's all "OK, that's cool. See ya," and we hang up. So I go to the station, right, to catch the 5.29 train, and Tom's already there but he's wearing this black beanie so I thought he was Anh Tu, but when I got close I realised it was Tom because he looked like Daniel Johns from Silverchair, and Tom looks like Daniel Johns from Silverchair, especially that time when he was wearing the same sort of white braces with nothing underneath one time when he answered the door, which is the sort of thing Daniel Johns has been wearing for the publicity shots for the new Silverchair stuff (by the way, I think "Straight Lines" is kinda OK. It's fairly mainstream, but it's nice how he uses off-kilter chords in the chorus while still being accessible).

Anyway, me and Tom get on the train which isn't late for once and we sit down and I say the moon must have eaten a lot today but Tom informs me that he doesn't think it's quite a full moon, and I say it doesn't matter if it's full or sort of full because I just said it'd eaten a lot today and that could mean sort of full. Then we arrive at the station and we go up to the cinema and we see Ben in his usual red monkey outfit wearing headphones. We go up behind him as we're not sure if he's seen us yet but we don't really surprise him and he just takes off his headphones. He tells us he's the only one there and Harry just rang him and told him that he was gonna be five minutes late and Tim isn't there. Then Tom says the big building in front of us has nothing on Ben's penis (which is apparently really, really big, although I've not seen it yet), and he says that Ben should lie down next to it so we can compare it but we don't and just get to talking about something else instead. And then Tim comes and we're still waiting for Harry but the session's sold out so when Harry comes we have to go to another cinema.

We get to the other one in time and it isn't sold out so we get our tickets and go in and sit down (from left to right, it was Harry, me, Tim, Tom and Ben on the end). Harry asked me if I'd seen the ebay ad before and I tell him no I hadn't but I laugh along with him like I had and knew how weird it was, and then Tim tells me, as he had told Tom earlier, that the Chaser should do a road test of the ad and die. Then we saw an ad for the new Die Hard movie and Harry says it looks over the top (Harry's the dumb one). I ask Tom if he brought his diary and he says no he didn't bring his diary why do I ask and I say so he can mark down Die Hard in his diary, but he says he doesn't need to as he's already written it down in his head. And then we watch the film and we finish watching the film and leave. And we go to the station and there's 23 minutes to our train so we go to a supermarket to eat dinner and I split a four-pack of doughnuts with Tom because I saw some in the movie we watched (I ate the chocolate and pineapple one, he ate the pink and normal one with jam). And we go on the train and Ben says you know how royals are biscuits in [long word I can't remember] but are basically just sugar well this is sugar in [long word] but is basically just air or something, and he says something about those old guys on the Muppet show.

To be continued...

3 comments:

Ben said...

How the crap did I never bother to respond to one of the greatest plain-text transcriptions of an event I've ever read?

Hugh said...

Earlier sabbatical?

Ben said...

Could be.