Saturday, May 19, 2007

Ill-Expressed But Pleasingly Titled

Thusly begins the retrospective false-start: there's rings beneath my perfunctorily amphibian eyes, inducing extra blinks and caffeinated rhymes therewith (I tried being explicit, but it sounded coyly convenient; you'll just have to put up), not to mention (meaningless phrase) sore gazes at the window and navel, respectively. Details dispensed, we progress: I would have certainly banked on being dwarfed by that knowingly counter-productive hate-monger, from pictures, from intuition. Not so, it turns out. Still, it's regardless in lieu of both the affecting object and the object of affection not being me. The former I diverge on often; the latter I would exchange with, if a likelihood, but not plead in the rain for — not with that fashion. A nip of television for Pub Culture enthusiasts, but not an opinion-brimming filigree for altaring. That status belongs to an unpredictably coloured head on a predictably uncoloured body, who shares a similar plus-half age gap, one guesses. That status, however, is not as a genuine reality — not in a mill. or so. More, someone to know. The difference is in the detail, and the detail makes no difference to me: neither seem really achievable. But hey, I'll take the unknown any day, along with a smile and a wistful liquid.

As a particularly outworldly supermarket drop-out once summed, there's metho in my madness. In this case, as opposed to his, it's metaphorical, representing something profoundly soulful. And I'm in agreement: if ever the 'tunity rose (nouvelle lingo), I'd go far out of my way to call beforehand, no out-blue poppings, no prompt re-stockings. This is gentlemen business. This is gallantry. The rest is down to that abstract white-board cleaner, whose lack-thereof existence is corroding, and a rather strained excuse. Oh but that won't stop good humour. I'll sing for every pleasing sigh they induce, out of key, despite or because of little help from my friends, not caring a wist for the lack of leads, and smile, too. Singing silent tribute, thankful like a good shepherd for all I've gained hitherto on those blessed grounds. Ahem.